The Concept-2 rower is a professional rowing machine that can be linked wirelessly to other machines. This way you can race someone else on one screen. The Concept-2 uses wind resistance, that is made via a spinning flywheel. Increase your resistance by rowing faster. High scores can be saved and on a daily basis you can renew the rankings. Courses are among others the well-known Boat Race on the Themes between Oxford and Cambridge.
Embedded Fitness collaborated with different parties, like DSM, AEGON Volans and sensor partners, to develop this rowing simulator which also stood in the Holland Heineken House during the Olympic Games in London. One is also located in the science centre in NEMO Amsterdam. Here a combination of the Concept-2 and a real rowing boat is made, the Volans 2.
- Row different courses with the Concept-2 rowing machine
- You can choose between the Boatrace (London), Bosbaan and City Race Amsterdam
- Rowing distances from 250m to 6,5 kilometres
- A real workout and good for your condition
- Game time: 200m is around 1 minute
- Maximum of 4 people at one time (4 rowing simulators can easily be linked to each other)
You buy or rent:
- Set of 2 Concept-2 rowing machines or complete rowing boats
- You can choose between a screen or a beamer
- Software on a computer with operation
- Needs at least 3m x 2m with a playing surface of 2 Concept-2’s
- Needs 2 power supply’s
- It is suitable to connect via RFID, for check ins and outs