People with an office job spend most of their day sitting down. Sitting still for a long period of time can have harmful consequences. With just one hour of sports this is straightened out. Luckily it helps to move a bit more during the day. So take the stairs instead of the elevator. Just two minutes of walking a staircase has a positive effect on the calorie burning. If you walk the stairs more often this is also good for your weight, cholesterol and blood sugar.
Our interactive Staircase counter motivates people to take the stairs more often.
With this unique product you can measure how often the stairs are used in a day. De Staircase counter column uses a motion sensor. On a display next to the stairs you can see how high you have climbed on different items, like the Eiffel tower, the Burj Khalifa and even the Mount Everest. The goal is to reach the top together.
You can also put a staircase counter next to different stairs. This way you can check the differences between those counters via a website. This could lead to a competition between departments who will reach the top the fastest. Because of this the elevator won’t be used that often.
- A central point where you can see the data of the Stairs Counter (for example on a large TV screen)
- Units that serve as motion sensors
- Optional; a screen with touchscreen incorpated in a column where you can see the data. For example, the column can be placed near a stairwell
- Power supply: 1 power point required
- Surface of the pillar : 0,3m x 0,3m
- Column has to be placed next to the stairs